Beginner Kite course
Take our basic kite course for your first steps into your kite surf world. Achieve a skilled level to kite surf with full awareness of all safety requirements for kite surfing in the lake.
We ensure a full understanding of kite and bar techniques during the theory lesson, while enhancing your skills by boat before entering the water. Develop complete abilities of kite control and kite skills in water. ‘Body dragging’ techniques will ensure adequate power in your kite to then introduce the board for your first kite start!
A basic kite surf course by boat is best! Your qualified kite surf instructor will always be close by to guide and encourage you by boat and using headphones. Kite surf in Lake Como with absolute safety!
- Qualified VDWS Kite Instructor
- 5 hours lesson (1 day of 2 hours theory plus 3 hours practical lesson)
- Transport by boat – boat and instructor remains nearby for instruction and for transport back upwind start point.
- Kite and board. (Kite inflated on boat using air compressor).
- Life jacket for buoyancy assistance.
- Helmet (incl. audio headphones to listen to your instructor).
- Kite Surfing equipment
- *Pick up at alternative location if staying in Varenna, Bellagio and Menaggio. Drop off at same location or any of the 3 locations.
What to bring
- Boart shorts / swimwear – anything to wear comfortably under wetsuit.
- Adequate clothing for boat journey and weather conditions (hoodie, sunshades and hat). Hand towel useful for afterwards.
- Water, small snack, waterproof phone container, flip-flops.
- Sun protection.
- Meeting point – MC4Season Kite center in Dervio. (Or otherwise pick up by boat at agreed location by boat).
- Meeting time – 30 minutes before boat departure for greeting and equipment check.
- Return time – 30 minutes after lesson ends..