Beginner to Intermediate Kite Surf Course – 10 hours
Immerse yourself in kite with our 3-day course. Develop a thorough understanding of base technique in kite skills on land and in water. Get comfortable with ‘body dragging’ and relaunching your kite in the lake, board starts and riding downwind for up to and more than 50 meters. Learn to change direction, keep kite in optimum position to work on basic jibes.
With additional practice on position with the kite and board, learning to kite upwind becomes more achievable. Less assistance by boat is required after learning to kite upwind. Gain a more consistent performance with your kite and boarding skillsets and get excited for more kite time in our local paradise!
Kite lessons by boat are best! Keep full attention on kiting while in the water throughout your practical lesson and the instructor will always stay close by to guide and encourage by boat and by headphones. All in the spacious open waters of Lake Como!
- Qualified VDWS Kite Instructor
- 10 hours lessons (3 days)
- Transport by boat – boat and instructor remains nearby for instruction and for transport back upwind start point.
- Kite and board. (Kite inflated on boat using air compressor).
- Life jacket for buoyancy assistance.
- Helmet (incl. audio headphones to listen to your instructor).
- Kite Surfing equipment
What to bring
- Boart shorts / swimwear – anything to wear comfortably under wetsuit.
- Adequate clothing for boat journey and weather conditions (hoodie, sunshades and hat). Hand towel useful for afterwards.
- Water, small snack, waterproof phone container, flip-flops.
- Sun protection.
- *Secure locker for valuables at meeting point and on the boat.
- Meeting point – MC4Season Kite center in Dervio
(Or otherwise pick up by boat at agreed location by boat).
- Meeting time – 30 minutes before boat departure for greeting and equipment check.
- Return time – 30 minutes after lesson ends.
- First morning meeting time – 10am for theory.
- Second and third morning meeting time – 12am (flexible depending on weather).